Why Can Everyone Enjoy Halal Skincare Benefits?
Halal values have many benefits and advantages for skin health and the environment. Here is why you should shift to Halal skincare:
- Live a more sustainable and ethical lifestyle.
- Support cosmetics brands and products that are cruelty-free.
- Enjoy a pure and clean skincare routine – e.g. your moisturizers will be made with the highest level of purity and cleanliness.
- Avoid harsh skincare ingredients like alcohol and parabens.
What Is Halal Skincare routine?
The concept of Halal emphasizes a sustainable, clean, and ethical approach to skincare.
That means unclean and unpure ingredients like certain alcohols or unethically sourced animal-derived compounds. A Halal skincare brand has to follow Halal practices in all production stages to get Halal certification – from the raw ingredients to the manufacturing process, packaging, and distribution. Halal skincare lets the skin breathe and increases moisture levels in the skin.
These Halal standards apply to food and the things we eat. But, knowing that our skin is our biggest organ and has enormous absorption powers, every ingredient impure for eating is impure for the skin. This is the basic ideology behind Halal skincare brands.
Which Ingredients Are Forbidden in Halal Skincare Products?
Halal-certified skincare products do not contain any:
- Alcohol (in the form of ethanol – benzyl alcohol is allowed);
- Collagen (from mammal-derived sources);
- Human or animal-derived stem cells;
- Gelatine (from swine only);
- Animal by-products that are extracted using cruel methods that harm the animals;
- Animal-derived ingredients from swine and other Haram animals (carnivorous animals);
- No Genetically modified organisms
Which Ingredients Are Allowed in a Halal Skincare?
There are many more Halal than Haram ingredients, so we obviously cannot count all of them. But here are some of our favourite approved ingredients:
- Plant-derived extracts manufactured according to Halal principles.
- Halal Hyaluronic Acid – is derived from a natural counterpart
- Pure rosewater, natural essential oils
- Vitamins and antioxidants are plant-derived or synthetic, such as vitamins C, E, A, etc.
- Powerful natural ingredients like honey and shea butter
Are Vegan Products Halal?
Although vegan products don’t contain any animal-derived raw materials, they are not necessarily Halal. For instance, they might contain ethanol alcohol – making them impure and unable to qualify for Halal certification. Yet Halal skincare brands can use traditional natural powerful ingredients like honey, shea butter and essential oils.
By using Halal-certified skin care products, we:
- Ensure the skincare product contains clean and pure ingredients.
- Cruelty-free product.
- A trustable source assures high-quality and pure ingredients.
- Promote skin health by letting your skin breathe.
- Avoid harsh ingredients like alcohol.
Halal skincare products are superior in purity, cleanliness, sustainability, and efficiency. The benefits of Halal cosmetics go beyond religion. And we are sure Halal skincare is not just here to stay. It will become the leading trend in skincare.
We advise everyone to shift to Halal skincare and adjust to the new worldwide trend.